Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Time for Picks Sure to Embarrass

East

Chattanooga beats Indiana, SFA scares West Virginia. Xavier and Carolina meet for a trip to the Final 4. Carolina wins.

East Champ: North Carolina

Midwest

I'd love to pick Virginia to lose to Hampton or Butler but they won't. They will lose in the Sweet 16 to Purdue. That's if the Boilers get past UALR. Think that could be a battle. Seton Hall got the shaft being sent to Denver and altitude to take on Gonzaga. Might be the best game of the opening rounds. If Seton Hall wins, they make the Sweet 16. They'll beat Utah or Fresno State who has a punchers chance in the 14-3 game. Don't be shocked if Iona beats Iowa State. 

Ultimately, Michigan State beats Purdue to make the Final 4 and the press will ignore the Title IX battle in East Lansing.

Midwest Champ: Michigan State

In a very unfortunate occurrence, I drew Virginia in a spread pool. I assume they'll be favored through a regional final so I'm quietly pulling for them because I'm a hypocrite who likes degenerate winnings. 

West

I'm torn on Oregon. I believe St. Joe's beats Cincinnati because they'll have the best player on the court in Deandre Bembry. Remember when Khalif Wyatt almost willed Temple over 1-seed Indiana in 2013? St. Joe's has that vibe. Can see the 10, 11, 12 & 13 seeds all winning. FWIW, all money brackets I'm in, that's what I picked. There's been a lot of A&M love lately from this region but I don't see it. This is the Sooners region to lose.

West Champ: Oklahoma

South 

Can the 13, 12 & 11 win openers? Yup, wouldn't surprise me at all. Cal has some issues and have struggled outside the Bay, Maryland is a fraud and Wichita State is actually favored in KenPom over Arizona. My guess is, one happens but I can see early chaos. Kansas and Villanova are two teams with top 20 offensive and defensive KenPom teams. UNC, Virginia & Michigan State are the other 3. 2 are certain to be out by Houston. 

South Champ: Kansas

I picked Kansas at the start of the year and might as well stick with them. They defeat Sparty because Sparty doesn't deserve anything good. 

No comments: