More important than the rankings, let's see where the league falls in KenPom.
7. Villanova (10th AdjO, 12th AdjD)
8. Xavier (21st AdjO, 4th AdjD)
20. Butler (7th AdjO, 99th AdjD)
38. Providence (47th AdjO, 53rd AdjD)
47. Seton Hall (76th AdjO, 44th AdjD)
64. Creighton (30th AdjO, 153rd AdjD)
74. Georgetown (63rd AdjO, 108th AdjD)
85. Marquette (143rd AdjO, 56th AdjD)
Providence isn't long for the Top 10 as they're projected as a .500 club in the Big East.
Georgetown has been the biggest disappointment. The return of D'Vauntes Smith Rivera had expectations high but barring a run through the Big East, any postseason talk is of the alphabet variety.
Xavier has been the most impressive. The Musketeers are deep and versatile. Senior big man James Farr has been a monster. Xavier is a legit Final 4 team, maybe the best option from the league.
The question to be answered is how many teams will make the tournament come March. Villanova, Xavier, Butler & Providence look like locks. Seton Hall & Marquette look like teams that could get in but both will probably need 10 wins in conference. Creighton and Georgetown need that and maybe more.
Villanova was a prohibitive favorite entering the season but it looks like a 3-team race. Every game will be important, even against DePaul and St. John's where a slip up can be fatal. The Big East will be a lot of fun in 2016.