Friday, March 11, 2016

Quick Update

Michigan wins on a last second three.  Indiana will hang on to about a 4 seed and will be one of my picks to lose in the first round due to their lack of defense.  Let's say, um, Iona beats them.  Yeah, Iona, or maybe Stony Brook.

Florida lost to Texas A&M and they are out of consideration.

Temple beat South Florida which does nothing for their resume.  I still think they need to win tomorrow to be taken seriously as an at large bid.

Numbers of note that concerns me:

Butler's NCSOS of 256
St. Mary's 2 losses to Pepperdine (the other 3 were to top 100)
Pittsbugh 1-7 against the top 25 RPI

Numbers of note that shock me:
Tulsa's record against the top 25, 26-50, and 51-100 is 8-8.  16 games against the top 100!
Wichita's NCSOS is 21 but they only went 1-3 against the top 50
Oregon St's SOS is 9 with a NCSOS of 53 - The PAC-12's RPI is inflated so I hope the committee takes that into consideration.

No comments: