Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Morning Thoughts

Kurly has already mentioned the bids from last night so no reason to rehash them.  St. Mary's and Gonzaga both advance to the WCC title game so good for them.  BYU is dropped from consideration.  I think at this point the Gaels are a lock unless they lose by 40.  Gonzaga is going to be interesting because their numbers aren't great but they have the name recognition of a Power 5 team.

As for Monmouth I'm going to have to think hard on that one.  They scheduled properly but have a lot of losses.  The committee has usually stuck it to mid majors that go 30-2 and play nobody but this isn't the case here.  It's going to be a long week for them.

As for Iona I havent updated my bracket yet but just looking at the numbers, RPI of 84, no top 50 wins, SOS of 159, NCSOS of 84 would lead me to believe a 13 seed is in their future with the prospects of moving to a 12.


No comments: