9. Kansas- The Jayhawks wrapped up a 14th consecutive league title with a very good win in Lubbock. Devonté Graham has entered discussions for national POY and is probably the Big XII POY over Trae Young. I still don’t trust this team but here we are again.
8. Purdue- They have unimpressive back-to-back wine following their 3-game slide. Still a potential Final 4 team if things break, they’ve lost the momentum of January.
7. North Carolina- They handled Syracuse in their only game this week.
6. Gonzaga- Where they get seeded in a few weeks will be interesting. This Zags team interests me from the standpoint of, they now feel like a “power” team. I don’t feel like we have to defend their inclusion here but I’m also not convinced their as good as previous Zag teams and are benefitting from a lot of parity throughout the nation. In other words, they could be underseeded but overrated.
5. Xavier- I can’t put them ahead of Villanova but they have a clear path to the Big East title.
4. Villanova- The defense is legit concern now. Creighton is good on offense no doubt but Nova never looked capable of getting a needed stop in overtime. Big East tournament is now a referendum on their defense for me, less wins and losses.
3. Michigan State- Screw this cesspool
2. Duke- Note to Badger fans who think they’ll be hanging a banner for 2015, Duke beat you because Coach K is a better coach than Bo Ryan and Duke has better players. Also, if they play like they have the last two weeks, Duke and K are heading towards another banner. And I hope they do a parade in Madison if they do.
1. Virginia- Tony Bennett is the worst