Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Quick RPI note Then a Bracket Note

Last year I said I would pay more attention the NCSOS and did after the SMU/2014 debate.  It saved me from including South Carolina.  This year's note will be to pray to the almighty RPI which has been created to help the Power 5.  Thank you NCAA!  You've updated an old metric marketed as a way to help the mid-majors that actually helps the Power 5.

As for the bracket, I have no clue.  Usually I fill one out, make a handful of changes and I'm done.  The original is usually better than the last but that it.  The first one I filled out as completely chalky which after this season would see to make no sense.  The next one I made from scratch, a full 24 hours later had Maryland winning it all.  That doesn't make any sense either!  I said I wasn't going to pick Duke because of their depth and lack of defense but every other team has holes (well, maybe not Kansas) so it may be just a game of luck this year.

Next bracket filling out attempt will be over lunch.  24 hours after yesterday's attempt!

No comments: