Monday, March 17, 2014

West Breakdown #2


West Region:

Here’s a region that went relatively quickly with disappointing results.   Anytime a year full of analysis ends with Wisconsin in the Final Four it feels like you’ve wasted 5 months of your life.  Sometimes you just have to roll with it though.  I see a lot of chalk in the first round of this region but after that it breaks down.  I don’t expect Arizona to get to the Elite Eight and think they will struggle against Oklahoma State in round 2.  Not sure I’m picking it but I might.  San Diego State gets an easy road while Wisconsin should get right through as well.  Baylor has been hot of late and they might be able to make a sweet 16 run.  As I mentioned right up front, I have the Badgers in the Final Four…I’m just not happy about it.

As for upsets I don’t see any double digit seeds winning in the first round.  Oklahoma State could make a run, as could Baylor.  Nothing crazy here.

Upsets:
Baylor over Creighton
Oklahoma State over Arizona

Final Four:
Wisconsin over Oklahoma State

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your lack of faith in the incompetence of Travis Ford is alarming