Monday, March 17, 2014

Midwest Breakdown #2


Midwest Breakdown:

I think this region gave me the most headaches to fill out.  From before Sunday I was eager to put Wichita State in the Final Four but after going through it I felt Louisville would be the team to get there.  Of course, Louisville is the hot trendy every analysis pick to make it.  I always make it a point to ignore that team and this year will be no different.  I don’t like Michigan, I’d be surprised if they make it past Texas/Arizona State.  Next in line is Duke, who’s defensive inefficiency is troublesome.  If they play Mercer then Tennessee, and then Michigan it’s possible their toughest opponent will be Mercer.  I like them to make the Elite Eight and run into a tough Shocker team.

As for upsets I love Iowa or Tennessee over Umass and I think Xavier gets past NC State and Saint Louis.  I don’t think the Jaspers will win but I bet they give Louisville a game for about 30 minutes.

This region is still up in the air right now but here’s the preliminary thoughts:

Upsets:
Tennessee over UMass
Xavier over St. Louis

Final Four:
Wichita State over Duke

No comments: