Monday, March 17, 2014

East Breakdown #2


East Region:

 Here it was, laid out for me, my pre-season pick to win it all, Michigan State ready to go.  Then, what happens?  Every analysis in the world starts on them and Louisville.  I can’t take them at this point.  Lucky for me, my darkhorse team was sitting right there as a 3 seed, Iowa State.  I do think Michigan State gets by Virginia in a game that will barely be watchable.  The Cavs deserved a 1 seed but I don’t think they will do much with it.  On the bottom side Villanova will be lucky to win more than 1 game.  I instantly looked to see which 7 or 10 will knock them off and ultimately either Uconn or St. Joseph’s will do so.

 This region is riddled with upset potential.  The easy one is Harvard over Cincinnati but everybody has that one.  I’m starting to second guess it.  St. Joe’s is capable of taking down Connecticut and both should reach the Sweet 16.  I wouldn’t count out Delaware’s chances should Sparty have another off night from the field.

Upsets:
Connecticut/St. Joe’s over Villanova
Harvard over Cincinnati

Final Four:
Iowa State over Michigan State

No comments: