Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bids and Conference Tournaments Today

Conference Tournaments Starting Today

Conference USA
#1 seed:  Memphis
Team Most Likely to Spring Upset:  The Tigers ran away with the conference and I don’t see anybody other than Southern Miss presenting them a challange

SWAC
#1 seed:  Southern
Team Most Likely to Spring Upset:  Only 7 teams are eligible but 1 is 0-27 Grambling.  The other 5 have a slight chance but I see Southern taking this one

Big 12
#1 seed:  Kansas
Team Most Likely to Spring Upset:  Going out on a limb here but I like Baylor to ride the win over Kansas last weekend to an auto-bid out of the Big 12

Pac-12
#1 seed:  UCLA
Team Most Likely to Spring Upset:  I don’t see UCLA winning out so I’m going with Arizona or Colorado to grab the auto-bid (which neither need)

SEC
#1 seed:  Florida
Team Most Likely to Spring Upset:  Florida loses any game close and I don’t see them blowing out all these teams.  I like Kentucky or Tennessee to make a big push and grab a bid

Bids Going Out Today

Patriot
Bucknell vs Lafayette – The 1 and 2 seeds meet again in the Patriot league championship.   Bucknell was close to an at-large chance but they won’t get one.  Best to win this and see if they can secure a 12 or 13 seed.
Prediction: Bucknell

No comments: