Tuesday, February 2, 2010

96 Teams

Well, the rumors are out there so we might as well discuss, 96 teams, possibly as soon as next year. We all know it’s all about money and we all like 65 teams but I doubt we are going to be consulted on the matter. The real question is how do they schedule the games? I’ve heard Wednesday through Monday. If that’s the case Wednesday through Saturday are full 16 game days while Sunday and Monday are 8 a piece. I suppose Monday could be a night schedule with 4 at a time. Is it possible to get 3 days off next year? Is it possible to party 6 days in a row?

As for the logistics of adding 32 teams the only way I would be somewhat on board would be if they give auto-bids to both the conference champion and the conference tournament champion. I see enough of the 8th or 9th Big East team, no need to see the 11th and 12th.

No comments: