Thursday, March 22, 2018

Thursday Sweet 16

South

I so want to pick Kansas State to upset Kentucky after all the complaining Coach Cal did about his side of the bracket but K-State plays some ugly basketball and Kentucky is peaking.  Perhaps Kentucky's freshman get rattled but I don't see it.  A win and a cover for the Wildcats :)
Kentucky 68, Kansas State 57

Whoever comes out of this side I'm cheering for to win the Elite Eight game.  I got not beef with either team but I don't need to see Eric Musselman with his shirt off.  A game of mismatching paces but Nevada has shown they can win slow.  I'm calling for the slight upset.
Loyola 67, Nevada 65

West

In a flip flop from 10 years ago, Power 5 team Florida State is the underdog higher seed while the best team on the West Coast continues to be dominate.  I'm calling for the blowout here as Gonzaga has all the efficiency numbers to continue their march back to the Championship game.
Gonzaga 77, Florida State 63

Michigan has won ugly both games and if they don't get their offense in order it might be the end of the road.  Texas A&M was supposed to be this good so are we really that surprised at this point?  Is it a mirage or are they finally living up to the preseason expectation?  I'm going with the later.
Texas A&M 66, Michigan 61

If I were you, I'd rush to Vegas and bet the opposite of all of these....


No comments: