Monday, March 12, 2018

The Midwest

1. Duke (3)
2. Michigan State (6)
3. Kansas (9)
4. Auburn (16)
5. Clemson (19)
6. TCU (22)
7. Seton Hall (26)
8. NC State (42)
9. Arizona State (45)
10. Oklahoma (47)
11. Rhode Island (49)
11. Syracuse (54)
12. New Mexico State (55)

Criminally Underseeded: None, everyone is a seed line within where they should be except ASU and I’m not arguing against them as an 11.

Criminally Overseeded: Rhode Island- I wrote two weeks ago I thought Rhode Island was probably not as good as where they’d get seeded. They got a 7-seed when the profile is a 13. They got an incredibly even matchup against a weak Oklahoma team. I just don’t see anyway Duke doesn’t handle them should they get past the Sooners.

Random Observations: Michigan State has a breeze to the Sweet 16 and gets to do it in Detroit. Pretty sweet gig for them. Kansas has historically had issues in Kansas during the tournament. Could Seton Hall or NC State knock them off? Yeah, I think it could happen. Penn is a wild 16. Everyone else is saying it so I may as well, too. Also, Syracuse can get bent. There’s a path to the round of 32 for them. If Auburn and Clemson survive their opening round matchups, that’ll be a fun round of 32 matchup. I like whoever wins that game to beat Kansas.

The Winner: Duke over Auburn

No comments: