Saturday, March 24, 2018

The West

Michigan vs. Florida State

Michigan enters this game on a 12-game winning streak and are up to 7 in KenPom. Both teams had arguably the best performances of the Sweet 16. Michigan fans are VERY confident they’re going to San Antonio. Most pessimistic football fans in the world but when it comes to hoops...

When I previewed FSU-Gonzaga, I mentioned there wasn’t any great area where FSU stood out. They are a very long team but Michigan just boatraced a team with a size and length advantage. The FSU win over the Zags was one of those games where I ignored what I thought all year, that the Zags were good but not a great team despite what the numbers said. 

What does that mean? I think Michigan is as good as their numbers say. They scuffled last weekend but they’re still playing with incredible swagger. FSU is playing with house money. Give me the team with swagger.

The Pick: Michigan 70 Florida State 63

No comments: