1. Kansas gets their revenge beating K-State by 12
2. ACC leader Clemson gets upset by Boston College
3. UConn right's the ship over DePaul
Bonus - Alabama beats Vanderbilt.......by 57!
Sorry about that font yesterday. Tried something new.
1. Texas continues to look good after the Beard issue beating Baylor
2. Texas Tech upsets Iowa Stat who have lost 2 in a row
3. On a light Monday night Oral Roberts wins by 50. 20-4 and a NET around 50. Not quite an at-large resume but somebody you don't want to see across from you in round 1.
Would someone step up and be good?
10. Kansas - I feel obligated to put a Big XII team in the top-10 and Kansas still has a top-20 defense and offense, so yay? Wayne Simien
9. Arizona - Swept a weekend trip to Washington. Blew out Washington yesterday. Hassan Adams
8. St. Mary’s - I texted Brian that the Gaels were suffocating last night as they had BYU sitting on 8 points or so late into the first half and then the Gaels stopped making shots and let BYU get back in the game and lead for a large chunk of it. St. Mary’s will be undone by the offense in March. Omar Samhan
7. Virginia - The ACC is pretty blah, huh? Sean Singletary
6. Marquette - Might win the Big East. Trips to UConn and Omaha remain but are projected to finish 16-4 in league which seems remarkable. Just a beautiful team to watch at the moment. Chris Crawford
5. Alabama - Terrible week, really. Survived Mississippi State and then destroyed by Oklahoma. Sooners shot 57% yesterday but the Tide looked bad this week. Ronald Steele
4. UCLA - On a 2-game skid. Huh. Jason Kapono
3. Houston - Have my doubts about the Cougars but they battled back against Cincinnati yesterday. Jarace Walker really took over late and was quite impressive. Starting to remind me of ‘19 UVA. Slow tempo scares me but think they have enough players to takeover games. Gee Gervin
2. Purdue - Man, the Big Ten is pretty blah. Chris Kramer
1. Tennessee - So, they beat Georgia by 29 and handled Texas with ease. Have won 4 straight by double digits since their loss at home to Kentucky. Favored in all games the rest of the year. Wayne Chism
I’ll readily admit, I wasn’t a huge fan but he was one of the true voices of the sport in my formative years and when you heard him calling a game, you knew it was an important game.
I was too young to hear his work with Al McGuire and Dick Enberg but know how much people enjoyed that team. Really, they’ve never truly replaced him. Clark Kellog and Grant Hill are fine. Raftery is fine but not as sharp as he was in Billy’s prime.
This game is over