Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Separated at birth








You cannot understand just how much I hate this little baby. I turned the NC State game on, unc is up by 20 with 1:30 left. Who do I see dive onto the floor to try to tie up the ball?

Tyler Hansbrough

42 seconds left, up by 16+. Who is pushing the ball down the court instead of running out the clock?

Tyler Hansbrough

And I don't want to hear about how he's just intense and a competitor. Nope, he's an A-hole.

27 seconds left. Now up by 14 they realize that NC State is probably not going to steal the ball and make a quick Rock N' Jock 14 pointer. With no pressure unc stands at center court, running out the clock. So, who has the ball? Who is standing at midcourt looking like a jackass? It's gotta be the point guard, right? After all, who normally runs out the clock? Nope

Tyler Hansbrough.

I know, it's only because I hate unc, right? Maybe. But consider this. I work with a guy who isn't the biggest college basketball fan but he knows he hates Duke. The day after the Duke-unc game he says to me:

"I wanted Duke to lose, but I couldn't root for unc." I asked him why. I don't remember his response exactly, but I know he called Hansbrough something depicted in the second picture above.








No comments: