Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The #1 reason I hate the NBA



How you can trade a player who doesn't even play is beyond me. Hell, they could have sent me to New Jersey for $4.3mil. And I'm too short, too fat and never really had any game. But I could have saved them some money. I would have paid for my own airline ticket, hotel AND meals for the next two months.
How the hell did this phone call go, anyway?
Keith: Hello?
Mark Cuban: Hey, Keith. It's Mark.
Keith: What could you possibly want?
Mark: We want you to come down and sign a contract with us.
Keith: No way, I retired. I just forgot to fill out the paperwork.
Mark: Wait, Keith. There's more. We don't want you to play. We are going to trade you to New Jersey. All you have to do is fly there and sit on the bench for two months. You don't even have to play!
Keith: No way, Mr. Cuban. And how did you get my number, I had it changed!
Mark: We'll give you $4.3 mil to do it.
Mark: Keith? Are you still there?
(Sound of phone hitting the floor, door slamming and car peeling out to get to the airport.....)
Wow. This could be the luckiest man in America that's not named Tony Parker.

No comments: