Tuesday, February 12, 2008

One other thing...

Never mind my suggestion that I might not have something better to talk about until after the Duke game.

Loser of the week goes to Arizona. I know that since I live here I should care about the rivalry, but I don't. All I know is that they have the #1 strength of schedule and because of that they have had some tough games. But they are a good team, right?

Well, we saw a monumental effort/meltdown Sunday in their 59-54 loss to Arizona State.

Look at this line:

Jerryd Bayless, 39 points, 3 assists. That means he played a part in 46 of Arizona's 54points.

Ball hog.

At least Arizona can take comfort in the fact that even though his first name is misspelled, he still bothered to show up. (Excuse me, Mrs. Bayless? Vowels are A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Y. This does not mean they are always interchangeable and should not be randomly selected when naming your son.)

Brian, thank God you know this. Could you imagine Carsyn Dachel?

Me either. You think he cries now...


The rest of the team? Pathetic. Led by interim coach Kevin O'Neill (who you all know and love!) they produced a strong display of 3-23 shooting from the floor.

Sidebar: Can ANYONE explain to me why Lute had to take a year off to get a divorce? Lucky for me I found a woman who can put up with me (or at least tolerate me most of the time.) So I guess I can't completely understand the difficulty of going through a divorce, but are you for real? Can you imagine telling your boss that you have to leave your job for a year to file some paperwork? I know I don't build rockets or have some other important job like running one of the better basketball programs in the country, but come on. Go back to work.


Anyway, back to the game. Chase Budinger must have been hungover (or still loaded) with his strong 1-for-12 night. Thank god for the 8 free throws Arizona made. Without those this game might have been embarrassing....

I just don't know what to think about this team. Before this game I thought they could get hot and go deep in the tournament. Now, I just don't know.

No comments: