Thursday, February 21, 2008

Another Gambling Proposition

Here's one I thought of. Let me know what you think. It's a 25 square grid, like we do for football pools that pay out each game. The horizontal row would be the higher seed and the vertical row would be lower seed. Each square would cost 7 dollars (I picked 7 dollars for a reason so bear with me) which would amount to 175 dollars total for the pool. Each day there are 16 games so we could either pay out each half 5 dollars or the final score would pay out 10 dollars. This would amount to 160 dollars and we could designant one game worth 25 dollars or put it in a pool for highest score on the pop and shot for 1 minute.

Pro's:
1. Everybody would probably buy at least 1 square and thus be interested in the final of every game (in case the tournament has no last minutes games like last year)
2. We could run it daily

Con's:
1. 7 dollars for a square when most likely everybody will have to buy 2 is stepper than we are planning.
2. It's a lot to keep track of after 37 beers

Either way, let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I think it's a good idea, but who is going to administer it? Evan, perhaps?