Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Teams Currently in the Bracket Most Likely to Fall Out

1
1.       Baylor – currently an 11 seed in my bracket the Baylor Bears have slowly been dropping seeds week by week.  They don’t have a whole lot of room for error and of their last 8 games, 5 of them are against teams currently in the bracket (Kansas State twice, Kansas, Iowa State, and Oklahoma) plus a home and away versus West Virginia.  At a minimum Baylor will need to go 4-4 and win 2 in their conference tournament to stay in the conversation.  I’m not sure I see it come March

2.       North Carolina – yes, I know this may be driven by my hatred of everything baby blue but there’s not much to like about North Carolina’s resume at this point of the year.  They’ve been abysmal on the road this year and they still have 4 road games to go.  Their home games aren’t pushover’s either, North Carolina State, Virginia, and Duke.  I’m not sure which would make me happier, UNC not making the tournament or losing in the first round as an 11 seed?
3.       St. Mar’s – another case of a team whose resume is lacking big wins.  The good news is the solution comes on Thursday as Gonzaga comes to town.  If St. Mary’s can’t get this win they may have to win out and at least make the WCC Championship to get in.

No comments: