1. Dayton vs. 16. Northern Kentucky- Any questions of Dayton shrinking from the pressure of being a 1-seed quickly evaporated as Obi Toppin scored the games first 10 points and the Flyers coasted to a 101-58 win.
8. Virginia vs. 9. USC - Virginia held off USC, 48-45 in one of the worst games in tournament history.
5. BYU vs. 12. Akron- There was no 12-seed upset here as BYU coasted pass the Zips with relative ease, 76-62.
4. Michigan State vs. 13. Bradley- A year after giving Michigan State fits, the Braves were overwhelmed by a bigger and faster Spartans team this year, losing 79-59. Cassius Winston cut up the Bradley squad for 14 points and added 14 assists in a brilliant performance.
6. Wisconsin vs. 11. East Tennessee State- In a mild upset, the Buccs beat the Badgers 64-62 with the help of some late technical foul free throws courtesy of Brad Davison called for a second flop. Badger media and fans went wild after the game saying the kid quotes the Bible but it didn’t matter.
3. Seton Hall vs. 14. New Mexico State- In the biggest shocker thus far of the tournament, New Mexico State beat Seton Hall in triple overtime, 89-81. Seton Hall mounted a furious comeback late to force the first overtime but ran out of gas in a stunning result.
7. St. Mary’s vs. 10. Cincinnati - The WCC made it 2-0 in the East as the Gaels won a game that went to the buzzer, winning 71-69. Cincinnati had a chance late but couldn’t get a shot off despite three timeouts and a clock check that caused the final 1:00 of game to take 26 minutes in real time. We did see plenty of Enterprise Commercials.
2. Florida State vs. 15. Eastern Washington- Fresh off an ACC Tournament win, the Noles chopped apart Eastern Washington 93-55.