Saturday, March 10, 2012

Early Auto Bids 3/10

America East
#1 Stony Brook vs #2 Vermont
The top 2 seeds square off at 10am to represent the America East conference in the Play In game. The teams split the season series but I’d look for the Catamounts to win the rubber match. BTW, TJ Sorrentine is the interim coach at Brown.

Conference USA
#1 Memphis vs #6 Marshall
As predicted the Thundering Herd has worked their way back on to the bubble. However, they need to win here to get into the bracket. As much as I’d like to see Memphis go down I just don’t see it. They’ve been playing their best ball in the past 4 weeks and I think that continues today.

MEAC
#2 Norfolk State vs #4 Bethune Cookman
The MEAC is the home of Hampton who once upset Iowa State as a 15 seed. The winner of this game could become the 1st 16 seed to win (I doubt it).

Southland
#3 Lamar vs #4 McNeese State
Looks like Pat Knight’s speech fired up Lamar. I think they win and grab the last 16 seed.

No comments: