Friday, March 2, 2012

Conference Tournament Previews - 3/2

Colonial:
Co-Favorites - Drexel Dragons and VCU Rams – VCU has a better chance at an at-large bid but Drexel has only 1 loss in the past 2 months. Both should make the tournament but I’m saying they are both locks if they meet in the conference tournament final

Potential Upset – George Mason or Old Dominion – it would not surprise me if either of these teams got hot and won the auto-bid. As long as VCU and Drexel don’t flame out in the Semi-Finals I think this is a two bid league.

MAAC:
Favorite – Iona – one of the top low-major’s out there this is a team everybody should want to win the auto-bid. There isn’t enough behind them to grab an at-large and I can guarantee this is a 13 seed that will give one of the 4 seeded Big Ten team fits

Potential Upset – Fairfield Stags – my pick in the preseason they finished second in the league. They have the talent to give Iona a run in the second round although I believe they will come up short

Southern:
Favorite – Davidson – Here’s all you need to know about Davidson: They beat Kansas, at Kansas. Nuff said

Potential Upset - hmmm, how about Wofford. Yeah, they have as much of a chance as anybody (i.e. I think Davidson wins this no problem).

No comments: