Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Bubble Watch - February 27

As Conference Tournaments kick into full gear and Kurly nails down the tourney favorites I turn my attention to the Bubble.  It’s an odd one this year.  Most teams are clearly on one side or the other with only 3-4 teams that could be the last one in and the last one out.  For my bracket my last 4 in are Louisville, Boise State, St. Bonaventure, and USC.  My first four out are Syracuse, Baylor, Washington, and Nebraska.  Among the experts it seems clear Louisville is on the safe side while Nebraska is outside looking in.  The remaining 6 teams seems to flip around based on each “expert” although I have seen some with UCLA out.  As of now that’s where we stand; let’s look at tonight’s games.

Florida (10) vs Alabama (10) – winner sits good while looser may slip into an 11 seed.  Probably above the last 4 in though

Missouri (9) vs Vanderbilt – Mizzou is probably safe but a loss here hurts

Tennessee (3) vs Mississippi St (AC) – Lunardi has them as a First Four Out and an upset win here probably puts them above Nebraska in my head

Oklahoma (7) vs Baylor – Baylor is one of those middle teams.  They need the win here and some help.  The Sooners are falling apart

Kansas State (10) vs TCU (6) – TCU is a questionable 6 but safe.  Kansas State needs to win 1-2 more to be safe.

Auburn (2) vs Arkansas (9) – Man I hate Bruce Pearl.  Lock City for Arkansas with a win


Boise State (12) vs San Diego State – not an easy place for Boise to win but a loss here is devastating.  They are questionable at best as my last team in.

No comments: