Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sweet Sixteen Predictions

Thursday Early Game Edition

Connecticut vs San Diego State
The toughest of the Thursday games I can see this going either way. On one hand I can see Kemba Walker going off for another 30 point game willing the Huskies to the Elite Eight. On the other hand I can see exhaustion setting in and a 3 for 21 shooting night. San Diego State's defense is going to hound him that's for sure. Either way I expect this to be a close game from tip off to final buzzer. I'm guessing at this point but let's go with a late Aztec bucket for the win.
San Diego State 63, Connecticut 61

BYU vs Florida
As slow as the Uconn-San Diego State game will be this one will be as fast. These two teams played last year as BYU won a double overtime thrillfest. With Florida looking for revenge and BYU down their best post player I envision Chandler Parsons, Alex Titus, and Vernon Macklin having a field day in the post and on the boards. BYU comes out hot but eventually Florida wears them down turning a close halftime score into a double digit Florida win. Unless, of course, Jimmer scores 40+
Florida 78, BYU 64

1 comment:

Stefan said...

Glad to hear someone picking FLA. I was felling kind of lonely.