Monday, March 14, 2011

Bracket Thoughts

I've seen experts calling every Region the toughest one out there. I tend to think the Southwest is the toughest (Kansas, Louisville, Notre Dame, Purdue) while the West is the weakest (Duke, San Diego State, Texas, Connecticut).

I like upsets in the Southeast as I can make a case for the #9 ODU, #10 Michigan State, #11 Gonzaga, #12 Utah State, and #13 Belmont. I wouldn't sleep on #14 Wofford either if Fredette has a bad game.

Can't disagree with Kurly's assessment of bad seedings. The B1G got overseeded all along the way while some of the mid-majors got lower seeds than they should have (Richmond and Utah State).

My first glance Final Four came out as Duke, Pittsburgh, Kansas, and Syracuse. That's a little too chalky for me as I see this being a very crazy year. I reserve the right to change any or all of those except Duke.

The last question is as to whether anybody thinks George Mason can beat Ohio State in the second round. That's the big question in that region as we all know the Patriots will crush the overseeded Wildcats of Villanova. Will Mason pull a Northern Iowa this year?

No comments: