Thursday, March 17, 2011

Most Vunerable #1 Seed

So, which #1 seed is most likely to go the Kansas-Northern Iowa route on Saturday/Sunday this year?

I think the safest of the #1's is Duke as they matchup well against either Michigan or Tennessee. The next safest would be Kansas as I see Illinois as a pushover. UNLV could give them a run but I would see Kansas pulling away in the second half.
That leaves Pittsburgh and Ohio State. In my bracket I have Old Dominion over Butler and George Mason over Villanova. Quite frankly those don't matter as much because I could see both Butler and Villanova getting hot as well. Pittsburgh and Old Dominion would be close but Pittsburgh's shooting and toughest would win out at the end. This leaves Ohio State as my most vunerable #1 seed. George Mason or Villanova could very easily get hot on Sunday and pull off the upset. With a bench that only goes 7 deep OSU could get into foul trouble early and fall behind. Because of these reason I give to you my Second Round upset pick:

George Mason/Villanova over Ohio State

No comments: