Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday Notes

I'm going to start off with the Selection preview show that CBS had on yesterday.  I liked it even if it was just 10 minutes of fluff.  Some things of note from their bracket to mine.
1. I had Cincinnati and Wisconsin in my top 16 while they had Butler and Kentucky.  The Butler miss was kind of validated with their loss yesterday and if Wisconsin wins tonight they would probably take their spot.
2. While I have Wisconsin as a two seed right now that's kind of more how I think the committee would have ranked them as opposed to what I believe.  They have them correct being ranked 17-18.  This is a team with 3 games against the KenPom top 40 and they are 0-3.  Northwestern is 32nd so we'll see what happens today.
3.  Florida seems to be a team that shocked everybody.  I don't see why.  I have them as a 4 and I feel its low.  KenPom as them #6 and outside of a strange loss to Vanderbilt every thing else seems to be normal.  4-3 against the top 50.
4.  Kentucky...over-ranked possibly.  #8 in KenPom, 3-5 against the top 50, and lost, crushed by Florida.  Why are people shocked by Florida in the top 16 but not by Kentucky?


Bubble Notes:
We've already talked about the "soft" bubble but it's getting softer.  Marquette has gone from out to 8-9 seed to probably out again in 3 weeks.  Kansas State, Miami, Seton Hall, and TCU all joined the Warriors in losing yesterday.  So, who on the bubble won?  Um, Arkansas?  Wake Forest...Georgia Tech?

Tomorrow's bracket should be interesting.

No comments: