Thursday, February 2, 2012

February Musing

February’s here and that brings twice a week Bracketology updates. It also brings teams falling in and out on a daily basis. Time to separate the boys from the men, the pretenders from the contenders, the Wolverines from the Hoosiers.
Yep, that last statement has meaning as Michigan had a big statement win last night against Indiana. I pegged the Hoosiers as the Big Ten team most likely to fall last month and I’m not backing down from that statement. Indiana was as high as a 2 seed in early January but at this point have fallen to a 6 seed. With a tough road ahead I see a further drop for them and unless that win a couple games they won’t be favored in I’m not seeing anything higher than a 8 or 9 seed come March.
Michigan on the other hand looks to be one of those 4-6 seed teams that can make a surprise run to the Elite Eight and perhaps even the Final Four. I’m not ready to go that far out on a limb but I like what I see from them and they might….just might be the Big Ten team that goes the furthest come Madness time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lacks depth - Michigan bench