Thursday, January 13, 2011

More Big East Ramblings

There were a couple solid Big East games last night that helped solidify the pecking order. Villanova, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh all won games going away, leaving Louisville, Georgetown, and St. John's to lick their wounds. I think what you are looking at for the winning teams is the top tier in the Big East. The real question is trying to weed out the pretenders from the next large group of 7-8 teams. Currently Marquette, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Notre Dame are the second tier but 2 of those teams will drop down as the year goes on. If I had to guess now I would figure Notre Dame and Marquette are the two teams to hang on although I want to see how Marquette responds at Louisville on Saturday after beating Notre Dame last Monday. Win there and count me on the bandwagon.


I also heard there might have been some sort of ACC upset but I went to bed early and haven't been on the internet yet to confirm such a thing.

No comments: