Monday, March 15, 2010

Things I Think...

Now if I can stay away from talking heads and get my head cluttered by cliche speak, this is what I think by looking at the numbers...

EAST REGION - Bucky and Marquette did not get good draws despite what I heard from the locals. I think they both win round 1 (Both could lose, too) but will not get to the second weekend...The committe put the two biggest underachievers against one another in Texas and Wake...People will go on and on about Kentucky getting slowed down by some of the potential matchups but they do more than run and gun and can play in the halfcourt just because of John Wall

SOUTH REGION - I like the 12 & 13 (Utah State & Siena)...Richmond and St. Mary's could be one of the better matchups in round one and are Sweet 16 capable...I like ODU over Notre Dame...Baylor will get to the Elite 8...Duke could walk to the Final 4, this is the weakest bracket by far

MIDWEST REGION - This region is brutal...New Mexico State can beat Michigan State (I'm not picking it, though)...Keep an eye on San Diego State as a sleeper to get to the Sweet 16, Georgetown will be overrated by a lot of people...If the bracket holds, Kansas-Ohio State would be one of the best Regional Finals in years

WEST REGION - I like UTEP & Murray State as potential upsets. UTEP is pretty good...I was convinced Kansas State was the easy choice out of this bracket but I like BYU over them. I am very tempted to pick BYU to go the Final Four...I also like Xavier to get to the Sweet 16...This bracket is weak 3-5 but I think the committee undervalued UTEP and BYU which means both should get bounced early...I wouldn't be stunned to see Oakland beat Pitt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.