Friday, March 12, 2010

Random Musings


Now, I'm not some famous bracketologist who's in demand from the local Homer or "bracket website" or anything. I'm a simple man. I don't understand your "Bob Morris" or "Colonial Athletic Conference". I fell on some ice and was later thawed by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! But I do know a few things:

1. Not such a good day for the Wisconsin teams. Probably the flattest I've seen Marquette all year, dont know if the third game in 3 days was it or what, but just never really looked with-it. Interesting that before tonite they were one of only 6 teams in D-I without a loss of 10 or more points, thats pretty impressive. There goes that stat. Didnt see UW, but monitored using the internet, which also frightens and confuses me. For quite a while, they were averaging a point a minute. That aint gonna get it done....unless you're playing the aforementioned UAB and their go$#%am 44 points. Speaking of which, why cant we say goddamm? Is this blog now too classy with all the newfound fame? heh...heh....

2. Sweet shot by Evan Turner, It never looked like it got more than 4 inches above the rim. i guess that makes it even more impressive. But not as impressive as the 'fro.

3. Feeling good about a solid tournament with some close games. Its been a while, thats for damn sure. Or should I say d@#m sure. or darn sure. dag-nabbit.

4. Memphis, my how far we've fallen. UNC, my how far we've fallen.

5. The opening line on the quarter barrels is set at an over/under of 5.25. Like #3, feeling good about the tournament.

6. Make sure if you get on Homer, you mention geek dice. or geek captain. Or your homeboys who hang out in your basement. Dont forget what got you there, baby!!!

7. Does Bob Huggins always need to wear that jumpsuit?

8. Is Harangody's head as big as Buzz Williams' head?

9. The Buzz Williams walk-dance-running man is truly awful. You asked if they teach that at Marquette. The answer is no, they didnt teach it. We studied it as an example of how gravity could be defied....by all accounts, his head shouldnt be able to be supported in that kind of gyrating motion.

10. And, to wrap it up, I may be the only person who was actively rooting for Oakland (Mi). Guy who sits across from me at work went to Oakland. Who woulda thunk it?

Thats all for now. Hurry up and read the post before its buried in 17 layers of Summit League analysis.

1 comment:

Jeff M said...

That was some funny sh*t!