Friday, March 5, 2010

More Bids!

Four more conferences kick off their tournaments today while 1 team can clinch a bid tonight

West Coast Conference
It's all Gonzaga baby. St. Mary's needs to get to the finals to keep their at large hopes alive. It's best for them if they just win it all

Southern
Used to be owned by Davidson this year will come down to College of Charleston and Wofford. I say the Cougers beat the Terriers. I'll let you figure out which team is which.

MAAC
Siena has had multiple chances to make an impression and they've lost them all. The need the auto-bid and I think they get it this year.

Colonial
Old Dominion is the 1 seed and probably an at-large lock provided they don't lose their first game. This could be won by a couple teams, Bill and Mary, George Mason, VCU, or Northeastern. I'll go with my preseason pick of Northeastern thus making the Colonial a two bid conference.

Ivy
Cornell can wrap up the first auto-bid with a win tonight or tomorrow. It's a forgone conclusion that they get it and be a dangerous 11-12 seed come tourney-time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - someone from this site send me an email at collegehoopsdaily @ gmail.com - I can't find contact info for you guys.

Thanks!

Major