Thursday, February 26, 2009

F-ing Memphis

Whew! Now that I've gotten through reading all the posts from Hacker and Niemi, I finally made it to the top of the list...

Seriously, does anyone like Memphis? Thought that UAB was going to pull it out.

Responding to the "is losing DJames good or bad for MU" question....I vote bad. I'm not his #1 fan, but his play this year has been much more in line with what I've wanted out of him. See earlier post on Djames 4.0:
http://ocsmarchmadness.blogspot.com/2009/01/analysis-of-dominic-james-v40.html

So, you lost a 4 year starter, basically having played every minute this year with McNeal, Matthews and the Lazer. I think Acker is capable, but he will be a liability on Defense as compared to James (as much as 5-9 dudes can be productive on D). MU bench drops down to one player who gets any meaningful PT at all (drive the hoop Jimmy Butler). You also get the emotional aspect of it also.....does everyone else step it up, or do deep down the believe they're in trouble now?

I think with the DJames version the last 2 years I could have made a better case....not so much this year.

Man, I hate Memphis.

No comments: