Friday, February 6, 2009

All Righty


Well, here goes:


1. I didnt see any first half, I was dealing with weiner kids, but saw enough of the second to comment, so lets state the obvious. Marquette played like a horses ass tonite. This was the team that figured they would show up and win. Flat play, lazy rebounding, you name it. They looked like shit.


2. We all knew you werent going 15-0 or whatever in the Big East, but really, South Florida? I know Duke played like ass the other nite as well, but at least they lost to someone respectable. 8-14 South Florida, huh?

3. Wesley Matthews almost came up with the "season ending-season ending" injury (i.e. player and team). I was thinking blown knee when he went down. The good news is that the depth of the MU bench was ready to step in...oh...wait....my pet peeve. Hope he didnt go Olandis Gary and play after tearing something. Yeah, I said Olandis Gary
4. As you all know if you've read some of my other posts, I am not yet sold on Buzz Williams. Here's a nice quote from an earlier game: "With Coach Buzz, we never practice free throws, never,” James said. “He just feels like it’s toughness, it’s all in your head.” Williams said it was like practicing riding a bike. “You step to the line and you make free throws,” Williams said. “Your shot doesn’t change, just like when you’re riding a bike, it doesn’t change no matter how long it’s been since you rode a bike, but your mind needs to be right in order to make free throws.”

All righty. Time for some analymosis of that:
Dominic James 0-2 tonite. 46% this year. 66% previous years. Team Tonite: 10-23. 43%. Game lost by 1. Maybe we should practice FT's.....

5. Why does Dave Cubillan never play? He was always a nice spot player in the past who could hit a few shots. It aint like they couldnt use a few more guys out there.
In spite of all that, in the end, I blame Brian for the stock watch post causing this loss. I think its pretty obvious that was the root cause.

No comments: