Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Conference Tournaments 3/9

 
Conference Tournament – MEAC
 
#1 Seed – #1 Norfolk State
The 1 seeds like they are heads and shoulders above everybody else.
My pick – Norfolk State
 
Conference Tournament – Big 12
 
#1 Seed –  Kansas
This looks like a 2 horse race with Baylor and Kansas but there are a couple teams capable of making a run.  I’m looking at Portor Moser at Oklahoma to put it together and steal a bid.
My pick – Oklahoma
 
Conference Tournament – Mountain West
 
#1 Seed – Boise State
Another wide open race that goes 5-6 teams deep.  This should be a 4 bid conference as long as the top 4 don’t lose in the first round. Boise and Colorado St are locked in.  San Diego St and Wyoming need 1 win.  I’m giving the Cowboys the auto-bid.
My pick – Wyoming
 
Conference Tournament – SWAC
 
#1 Seed – Alcorn St
The top 3 seeds all have a path.  Texas Southern usually looks good but I’m riding Southern
My pick – Southern
 
Conference Tournament – Big East
 
#1 Seed – Providence
I like Providence and think they can make noise in the tournament but I’m picking Nova or UConn to take the conference.
My pick – Villanove
 
Conference Tournament – Big Sky
 
#1 Seed – Montana State
Another wide open low major.  The top 3 seeds have equal chance in my mind.  Weber State has better history
My pick – Weber State
 
Conference Tournament – Pac 12
 
#1 Seed – Arizona
I really want to get freaky and pick a team like Arizona State or Colorado but I will be lame and assume UCLA is rounding into form
My pick – UCLA
 
Conference Tournament – Southland
 
#1 Seed – Nicholls State
The conference gives double byes and Nicholls State metrics are way better than everybody else
My pick – Nicholls State
 
Conference Tournament – Atlantic 10
 
#1 Seed – Davidson
Davidson *should* be safe for a bid so I’m going to pick a bid thief here.  Came down to VCU or St. Bonaventure in my mind
My pick – VCU
 
Conference Tournament – SEC
 
#1 Seed – Auburn
We all know who runs this conference.
My pick – Kentucky
 
Conference Tournament – Big 14
 
#1 Seed – Illinois
I just told everybody I could really see Wisconsin going far on the back of Johnny Davis and then he goes out and gets hurt and they lose to Nebraska.  I’m sticking with them because I’m very stubborn
My pick – Wisconsin

 

No comments: