Saturday, March 12, 2022

Bubble Action Yesterday

 I'm still sorting through a new bracket as bubble teams played yesterday.

Losers:

North Texas lost to Louisiana Tech and my first glance is they don't have enough for an at-large bid.  1-1 in Q1 but 5-3 in Q2.  NCSoS is solid but I don't think it's enough and their spot will go to the winner of UAB vs Louisiana Tech

Rutgers lost to Iowa and although they have 6 Q1 wins their NCSOS is right around 300 and the computer numbers are in the 70's.  I think they will be out when my bracket is updated.

VCU was out before yesterday and lost so their chance is 0%

Oklahoma was so close to another upset over Texas Tech but fell sort.  15 losses is too many for them to get a bid

North Carolina, Wyoming, and Miami are not locks after losing but probably did enough in the season to be safe

Winners:

Indiana got another upset and will probably swap out with Rutgers.  Need to avoid a blow out today to hang on.

SMU inched closer to a bid.  The win yesterday doesn't really help them but by not losing they didn't get hurt.  I still think they need to win today at a minimum.

Virginia Tech upset North Carolina and they are right on the edge of being in or out.  I need to take a closer look at them vs Xavier, BYU, and Michigan

Texas A&M beat Auburn and I would think they are still out but very close.  Need to compare them to the 3 listed above.

Memphis, Davidson and San Diego State won as well and I think they are all locked up.  Davidson still has 2 potential game so they might not be 100% at this point


No comments: