Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No Dice On Florida

Well, Florida hung for a while and even had a lead with about 4 minutes left but couldn't hang on and dropped the ball. I was planning to write a story on Kentucky after seeing them for the 3rd time this year but I still can't make my mind up on whether I believe in them as a serious threat for the Final Four or not. They can look so good at times and so poor at others. Their record is gaudy but they've struggled to win against their top competition. On top of that their Adjusted Defensive Efficiency is abysmal for a top 2 team hoyvin blavin!!

As for the evening both Kansas and Texas go on the road for some Big 12 play. I expect Kansas to roll but Texas might have a hard time containing Craig Brackins. They'll still win but I expect it to be closer then most would think. Wisconsin will have to learn to win without Leuer and I tonight's tilt at Northwestern should be a typical 47-44 Big 10 barnburner. Shield your eyes from the carnage. Duke gets BC and that should be a cake walk. Finally, UNC at Clemson is important as the loser slides even further down the bracket.

No comments: