Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Less Than 2 Months...

Two months from today you'll all be hung-over and we'll have experienced one of the best Thursday's of March Madness since the historic year of 2005. Yes, I am predicting this year will be full of solid games. Do not doubt me. Enough with the fluff though. Since we do have less than 2 months to selection Sunday it's time to kick this blog into high gear and start to break down teams, conferences, and sponsors. Today, let's look at the Pac-10. Analyzing the bracket I put out there last night we have a total of 3 Pac-10 teams in currently. At the beginning of the year I said this is a two bid league. Well, I'm sticking to those guns. ASU is only in now because they are leading the conference. Washington's RPI is abysmal and California just got crushed by Washington. I'm going to say Cal is safe as they have a solid RPI and a couple of their loses came with one of their starters out. The rest of the teams are on shaky ground as all the other teams are so awful it's not inconceivable for their RPI's to go down throughout league play. After all is said and done I say Cal ends up with an At-large worthy body of work while another team, I'll say Washington, wins the Pac-10 tourney.

Since we're on the Pac-10 and it's limited bid's this year let me show a comparison of this weeks bracket and how they stack up against a couple other conferences:
Pac-10 - 3 teams
A-10 - 5 teams
Mountain West - 3 teams
WCC - 2 teams
C-USA - 2 teams

Yes, I'm spoiling a future column or two but that's how bad the Pac-10 is this year. They'll end up in the same territory as the WCC and Conference USA.

No comments: