Sunday, March 16, 2008

Morning Update

A lot of stuff went down yesterday resulting in probably less than 5 bids available at this point. Temple gets in as an automatic bid which means the A-10 is probably a 3 bid league. My last 4 in at this point are Illinois Stat, St. Joseph's, Oregon, and VCU.

Realitically both Illinois State and St. Joseph's should be safe which means the bubble in my mind is down to 2 spots. As of 8am this morning I am giving those spots to Oregon and VCU but reserve the right to change my mind as I am leaning how to properly coach my kids all day long. The other teams that stay in contention are the following in order of most likely:

Arizona State - RPI in the 80's but a lot of big wins
Massachusetts - 10-6 in the A-10, won their last 6.
Virginia Tech - 9-7 in the highest ranked conference, beat Miami and played UNC tough
Ohio State - won two big games last week
Villanova - beat Syracuse, has a solid computer profile. Screwed at Georgetown
Dayton - Superb computer numbers, RPI = 31. Did most of their damage before Chris Wright got hurt and he never came back

In a perfect world my last 2 in would be VCU and UMass but I can't see the commitee taking 4 teams from the A-10. Although they "can't" do it this way I bet Temple getting in knocked UMass out.

I'll be on later with my final seedings and such. 9 more hours to bracket launch!

No comments: