Saturday, March 15, 2008

Dominic James and More

Final tally for James 3-16, 8 points. I hear the NBA calling.

As for the bubble, it seems to be shrinking. After an early morning feeding and deliberation I've gone ahead and locked in Arizona, South Alabama, and Baylor. What that does is leave 5 bids for the at large. This will shrink if either Tulsa beats Memphis or Arkron beats Kent State in the C-USA and MAC championships.

Of the 5 spots, the safest (probably because it's been so long since they lost) is Illinois State. With that the case my last 4 in and out are the following:

Last 4 in:
St. Joseph's (misht be a lock after beating Xavier)
VCU
Massachusetts
Arizona State

Last 4 out:
Virginia Tech
Temple
Oregon
Ohio State

Virginia Tech and Temple both play today. Temple in the A-10 championship and VaTech against North Carolina. If Temple beats St. Jospeh's they would both get in, probably knocking out UMass. If they loses I think Umass gets the bid. I know the committee is not supposed to look at conference affiliation but I think *wink*wink, they will.
Virginia Tech gets in with a win, but might be able to leap frog Arizona State with a close loss. A blowout and I think they are done.

Hopefully later today I'll have enough time to check out RPI and anchor down the bids.

No comments: