Thursday, February 23, 2023

Bubble Watch – Mid Major Edition

 

Charleston vs Towson – Lunardi doesn’t have them as the auto bid and has them out but I’ve mentioned numerous times he’s a hack and if you follow the Bracket Project (http://bracketproject.blogspot.com/) he’s a below average Bracketologist.  In fact he’s ranked 88th of 148 (http://bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html).  Of course ESPN sucks so I see why they still employ him.  Anyway, they are my auto-bid but still have at large potential. They are 2-1 in Quad1 and Quad 2 games.

Oral Roberts vs South Dakota – undefeated in conference play I think they can get a bid if they win out until the Semi’s of the conference tournament.  They only have 1 Q1/Q2 win so its close.  Best to continue winning

FAU vs UTSA – This will come as shock but FAU is currently 5-3 in Q1/Q2 games.  That is not only worth a auto-bid, that’s a solid 9/10 seed.  I think I have them under-seeded at 11 right now.

North Texas vs Charlotte – Nobody has the Mean Green on their watch but they are the 2 seed in C-USA behind FAU.  They are right around 50 in all metrics and have a 3-3 record in Q1/Q2 games.  This is a bubble team in my mind.

No comments: