Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sunday Update

Yesterday the NCAA gave their top 16 bracket reveal so I revamped my bracket to represent that.  Of the 16 teams listed, all but 2 played.  The losers of the group were Auburn, Marquette, and Wisconsin.

Marquette was expected at Uconn and even Auburn is somewhat understandable.  Wisconsin is in total freefall, losing 6 of their last 7 and the only win was against a team that fired their coach.  Not Good.

In bubble-land, Wake Forest lost as well as Indiana St, who probably need the auto-bid now.  3 of my first 4 out won, Mississippi, Colorado, and Cincinnati.  One of them will replace Wake in tomorrow's bracket.  I'm going to take another look at Texas A&M as well.  They were a 10 seed but I'm not sold on their resume.

Today has some solid games.  As of this writing FAU is getting smoked by South Florida and suddenly they are an unstable 8-9 seed.  Northwestern is traveling to Illinois and they are one of my last 4 in.  St.John's hosts Seton Hall while Memphis, Drake, and Utah are also in action.

Should be some changes to tomorrow's Bracketology!

No comments: