Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Time Changes Over

The time changes every year right at this point.  Focus turns from the day to day NFL events and Fantasy Football to the ever changing landscape of College Basketball.  Sure there is still one week of the regular season left and playoffs, and let's not forget about those bowl games, but really as teams start to play conference games in basketball the tide changes.  Every year I say I'm going to get into the blog earlier but I get lost in Fantasy Football playoffs and such.  But, now, Now! it's on.

The first thing I'd like to get into this season is the top seeds.  Preseason I had Arizona, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Duke as my 1 seeds.  Gonzaga, Texas, Villanova, and Kansas were my 2 seeds.  Looking through what's happened so far those 8 aren't that far off.  Kansas's loss to Temple drops them out and Louisville and or Virginia certainly should be considered but I'm not sure if there are any other teams worthy of a top 2 seed.  Louisville will be tested on Saturday against Kentucky but unless it's a blowout they both stay up here.

This season looks top heavy at this point.  The top 6-7 teams look heads and shoulders above the next 10-15 teams.  We will see what conference season brings but right now I'm predicting a chalking March Madness.

As promised, this blog is kicking into gear....Merry Christmas All!

No comments: