Monday, March 13, 2023

Reseeding The West

1. UCLA 
2. UConn
3. Gonzaga 
4. Kansas
5. St. Mary’s
6. Arkansas 
7. TCU
8. Boise State
9. Illinois
10. Northwestern 

This is the region of death. There are 5 KenPom top-11 teams in this region. 5! 

St. Mary’s has to fly across the country to play VCU in Albany. That’s wrong. If they win, they likely get UConn but UConn probably isn’t thrilled that they got Iona either. However, I love UConn in the top half of this bracket.

This is no picnic for Kansas either. They get stuck in the hardest region for all 1-seeds and a potential second round game with Arkansas who has two NBA lottery picks. 

Another potential UCLA-Gonzaga tilt awaits as well. 

I thought I’d go against the grain in picking UConn but a lot of people have picked them. I think the winner of them and Kansas makes the final four and I’ll stick with UConn.

No comments: