Friday, November 24, 2017

Upsets Galore?

Watching the games yesterday I though to myself man there's a lot of upsets going on.  First, Duke was losing to Portland State, which thankfully didn't come to fruition.  But, one's that did were Rhode Island over Seton Hall, Western Kentucky over Purdue, and not only Arizona losing to North Carolina State but SMU as well.
Two things came to mind as I processed these games.  First is the overreaction that comes with these losses.  It happens every year!  Oh my god!  Rhode Island beat a top 20 team!  Rhode Island is a good team and Seton Hall is a tourney team but not a top 3 team.  Western Kentucky took down the #2 Big Ten team!  Yeah, Purdue will be the second best big ten team and still have 7-8 losses by March.
Second, is what's going on at Arizona.  Yes, some of that goes to the first statement, that all good teams lose, but, this is a distracted team if I've ever seen one.  Predicted prior to the season, you can see they are not what they were supposed to be.  I wonder how long this Adidas scandal sticks with this team.  Can they break free from the distraction during the season?  I have my doubts.

No comments: