Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Bo Ryan: My Thoughts

I don't hide my disdain for Bo Ryan.  I think he whines too much (see last year's loss to Duke) and outside of the last two years his basketball teams are almost unwatchable.  I give him credit for opening it up in 2013 and 2014 but the talent almost forced his hand.
As for his quitting in the middle of the season nobody can convince me it wasn't just to screw over Barry Alvarez who wouldn't back his Greg Gard replacement move.  Now, I'm not saying Barry is right but to screw over your boss and your team just to make a point about who you feel should be replacing you is a d*ck move no matter how you paint it.  I've never had much respect for Bo Ryan but this cements my thoughts.
The thing being lost in the shuffle is that as much as Bo Ryan thinks he's getting his way with Gard finishing out the season he has not put more focus and pressure on him as he's under the microscope that will not only effect his standing with Wisconsin but any other head coaching job.  If Ryan would have finished the year Gard would have had a shot at many different jobs, even if it meant starting at a small school.  Now, if this doesn't go as planned he may have to settle for another assistant job.
I appreciate what Bo has done for the program but I won't miss his complaining and contempt for offense.

And don't bring Tony Bennett in either.  I want better basketball, not worse.

No comments: