Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Conference #2 - B1G Whoops!

Seems I skipped the Big Ten.  I had it written but just not saved.  I blame my secretary.

Conference Winner : Maryland

I still can’t get the Maryland in the Big 10 thing down.  I see Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, and Duke all in the top 5 and think Wow, the ACC is stacked. Ultimately it doesn’t matter much as Maryland would be the class of any conference.  There’s a nice blend of Upperclassmen, Jake Laymen, Super Sophs, Melo Trimble, and impact Freshman, Diamond Stone.  It’s not hard to see why this team is a lot people’s pick to not only win the Big Ten but the whole tournament as well

At-Large: Michigan State

It really doesn’t matter where you put them in the preseason rankings you know Tom Izzo will have them peaking come mid-march.  This team is the same thing.  I  have them second but can see them being a slow starter and finishing in the 3-5 spot in the Big Ten.  It won’t matter as this team will exceed expectations and probably finish in the Elite Eight

At-Large: Indiana

It pains me to put them this high but I’m going off of talent and they certainly have enough of that.  I’m exicited to see how Tom Crean ruins the teams and flames out as 4 seed to Stephen F. Austion.

At-Large: Wisconsin

To be honest it wasn’t as painful to watch Wisconsin basketball last year as Evil Bo Ryan decided that Dick Bennett “style” may not be right for Dekker, Kaminisky, and the group.  This year I can see them regressing and falling in to the bump and grind that makes me want to poke my eyes out.  Nigel Hayes is a star and his stock is sky high.  No matter what I think Ryan will have this team in the top 20 and ugly.

At-Large:  Purdue

The big news is that star freshman Caleb Swanigan is finally eligible.  His addition to the already huge Boilermakes make this team a force to deal with.  AJ Hammonds and Isaac Haas form a solid front court to go with him.  The big question again this year is point guard where they went the transfer route with Johnny Hill.  If he’s serviceable the ceiling is high.

At-Large: Michigan

Injuries decimated the Wolverines and this is a big bounce back opportunity.  As long as LeVert, Walton, and Irvin stay health there’s no doubt in my mind that John Beilein can’t coach this team to a top 25 finish

Possible At-Large:
Ohio State
Northwestern
Iowa

No comments: