Wednesday, November 28, 2012

ACC-Big Ten Challenge Part 2

Well, I went 5-1 on my picks for Tuesday’s games and the Big Ten currently leads 4-2. Let’s see how Wednesday’s night’s games play out:


Ohio State at Duke
Last year Ohio State throttled Duke and made my evening very painful. Duke’s been playing great and Ohio State hasn’t had a real tough game yet. How much will revenge matter? At home, Duke gets it done. Duke 74, Ohio State 68

Virginia at Wisconsin
I haven’t looked yet but the over/under has to be around 112. My advice, advert your eyes and do not look directly at this game. It’s going to be painful. Ok, I looked, the over/under is 114 and I don’t think it gets close to it. Wisconsin 49, Virginia 47

Michigan State at Miami
Here’s one that I think will be good. Izzo’s teams never look good at the beginning of the season but watch out come March. Jim Larranga’s second year at Miami looked like it might end with a tourney bid. The loss to Florida Gulf Coast is baffling but I think this may come down to the wire. Could be the game to watch outside of Duke-OSU tonight. Michigan State 63, Miami 62

Purdue at Clemson
Purdue is in full rebuilding mode and Clemson is starting to look up. I like what the Tigers are doing but they are still a year away from contending for a bid. They are however, right on target for a win tonight. Clemson 65, Purdue 59

Georgia Tech at Illinois
Illinois looked great in Maui but teams usually struggle their first game back. See Carolina, North and Gold, Marquette. However, Illinois got that struggle game out against Gardner-Webb.  Which team shows up tonight?  I'm calling for the upset as GaTech pulls one out. Georgia Tech 68, Illinois 64
Boston College at Penn State
Umm, boy, Boston College is bad….Wake Forest type bad. Penn State 70, Boston College 56

That makes tonight’s games 3-3 giving the ACC-Big Ten to the Big Ten in a 7-5 margin. Hooray for TV revenue!!!!

No comments: