Friday, October 26, 2012

Pac-12 Disagreement Time, kind of

While I agree with Brian on Arizona and UCLA, if this a four-bid league (Likely), I will take Colorado and California over Stanford.

A few thoughts on Arizona and UCLA. I like Arizona's future better than UCLA but they have a few issues in Tempe, namely the run-ins with the law. Sean Miller has brought back high expectations on the court but off the court issues could slow that momentum. Take a gander at the rap sheet. It isn't pretty. As for UCLA, Ben Howland brought in a Calipari-esque class, one capable of going deep in March. How much will they play? Beats me and super Frosh Shabazz Muhammad is hurt and missing practice and game time with the NCAA investigating him as well. I'm not nearly as sold on UCLA as many others are. Probably means 30 wins but...

I'm higher on Colorado than Brian because I think Tad Boyle is one of the best kept secrets in the coaching ranks nationally. The Buffs have arguably their best class ever coming in and are building a real home court advantage.

If Arizona and UCLA are ascending, the Pac-12 should be moving back towards respectability. Washington and USC could make noise as well giving the Pac-12 at least 7 teams in the discussion for a dance spot. Doubtful they'll be this low on the conference totem pole in the future.

No comments: